Last October 16, 2019, a movie that has been awaited by many families including those who have small children has been released. The reason why even children are allowed to see the movie is that the Disney movie labeled it as all age film, meaning anyone of any age can watch.
The name and character of Maleficent are very close to the story of Sleeping Beauty, the beautiful Princess Aurora as one of a line of Disney princesses. No wonder why most of the viewers are little girls. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which is still played by Angelina Jolie and her adopted daughter Aurora, played by Elle Fanning, began to clash and questions the meaning of family when both have different views. It started with the marriage that Aurora wanted to be opposed by Maleficent.
In pursuit of the success of the first sequel that earned 785.5 million US dollars on its first screening, the Maleficent 2 film is expected to again become one of Walt Disney’s successful works. This is based on the number of talks among film lovers, especially those who like fairy tales will increase the intensity of intricate relationships between horned fairies and Aurora. So, was Maleficent: Mistress of Evil a good film or not?
Here are some good points why watch this film and might tell you that this is a good movie:
- Entrust Angelina Jolie again. The character of Angelina Jolie will become increasingly horror. The change and reinforcement of Angelina Jolie’s character from a good fairy to a villain are clearly illustrated in the trailer of the film.
- It also tells how the dark side will emerge, especially focusing on the conflict with the Queen played by Michelle Pfeiffer, and her complicated relationship with Princess Aurora.
- There’s a new face in this sequel. Returning to attract talented stars, this time Walt Disney made one of the stars ‘Doctor Strange’, Chiwitel Ejiofor, as part of the cast.
- The more complex new story flow. Princess Aurora was faced with two choices. Does he have to choose Maleficent who has raised him or prospective new family?
- This film shows that nothing can beat a mother’s love for her child.
- What looks evil on the outside doesn’t always mean that it can be also bad in inside.
- This film also shows that one day you will find someone who loves you for who you are, and that is unconditional love.